Sunday 4 October 2020

Indulge me

These photos are from a cuppla weeks ago.  I was walking home and noticed how perfect our house looks, at least to me.


The garden is developing as I hoped.  The Silver Princess graces the front garden as did the one in Bellerive when we lived there.  The apparent gate is just a bit of fence now. It really annoyed me when we first moved in but now I am charmed with its alignment to what was the front door before the sunroom was added.
I have found myself doing a lot of thinking recently.  You know of  my childhood dream of living in the cottage on the cliffs at Porth Clais.  It has only recently occurred to me that it could have come true had I stayed in England.  I've always seen myself as some sort of London professional (a la The Split) had we not emigrated.  But, thinking of my cousins, St Davids seems to have us enthralled, and a number of them moved from England to live there.  Porth Clais will never be mine now but I'm perfectly happy with The Flying Pig - and it's much closer to the shops.

As I said, these photos are a cuppla weeks old.  This is the self-sown broad bean, elegantly supported by a pair of pantyhose.  There are now a large number of beans ready to be picked.  In fact I just picked some.
This pear tree looking promising,

likewise this apricot.



A view of the native Tasmanian garden that I don't think I've shown you before.

1 comment:

  1. The Flying Pig is truly a wonderful haven for you. I must research Porth Clais to see the delights it holds for you. I must say that fecund is the word that springs to mind when I see your gorgeous garden. Sadly, the word does not do itself justice. I didn't realise the number of fruit trees you have. We had a wonderful apricot tree in Bellerive so I envy you yours. Plus a pear tree! You'll be busy bottling in no time. And I had no idea you were doing a Tasmanian native garden though you did mention creating a wild Tasmanian meadow. Will this be it? FF

    ReplyDelete