Friday 19 March 2021

Duly reporting in

Despite my birthday, there is not a lot to report this week.  I have had a Friends of Triabunna Reserves (FoTR) meeting and a Spring Bay Suicide Prevention Network meeting.  TDS School Association meeting next Wednesday.  I have been to the doctor for a repeat prescription, and walked with Her Majesty to 41 Melbourne Street in lieu of tai chi at Mrs O Henry's place.  Mrs O is languishing in hospital after breaking a finger after falling somewhere in Queensland.  This was a much anticipated and postponed visit to her daughter, and has not gone quite to plan.  Fortunately she had got some shopping in, and her new dress was not torn, though the new ring had to be cut off her finger.  In Tribes there was also zumba, yoga and tai chi at Community Health.  So no real excitement for me.

A kookaburra came into the garden (look closely on the fence) which is something that I've not seen happen before.  I have mixed feelings:  one friend feeds generations of a kookaburra family, and another friend shoots them because they are not endemic to Tasmania.  The kookaburra flew away, possibly laughing, while I mulled over this.
There has been some action on the domestic front.  The washing machine has been moved from the laundry into the kitchen - very European, I like to think.  The laundry is now 'dead' and we have a quote for its demolition.  It will be replaced by a deck.  All this has involved having a lot of men around so Jill has been deliriously happy, and I've done a fair bit of tidying up.  We have waited nearly 2 years for these events.  I am now applying the same patience to the ripening of the beurre boscs.
Here are my pride and joy - Cox's Orange Pippins.  There has been some debate whether they are true to type but I don't care.  They taste like the real thing.  I bought a half round of King Island smoked cheddar to eat with them.  I had designated the apple on the extreme right as my birthday treat, so I savoured it with the last piece of cheddar.  I have a blue cheese waiting for the pears.

And for my birthday I gave the car a treat and washed it, and prior to the FoTR meeting Steve and I demolished half a box of Dynasty Banquet.

2 comments:

  1. Pears and Pippins look magnificent. What lovely crops. I did smile when you said nothing much happening and no real excitement then went on to detail all the things you've been doing. Tribes is NEVER dull!!!! Intrigued with 'a box of Dynasty Banquet' - something that has not made its way to Encounter Bay. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that there is always something to do in Tribes if you want to. These were pretty routine things for me - the pattern of my life here. But soon to be interrupted by ADELAIDE!!!
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete