Monday 8 March 2021

Easy week

I had an easy week last week.  Time to smell the roses

and the Easter Lilies at the Community Health Centre.

The gym got on board with the Sunflower Celebration and I finally remembered to take a photo.

I am monitoring 41 Melbourne to try to ensure the garden doesn't get too out of control before the new, much anticipated, owner arrives.
The Easter Lilies, gorgeous in themselves, have become a symbol of good times ahead for The Easterers, though Easter Dreaming is on hold for us again this year.

Having a camping ground next door brings constant change.  I think this is the first time I've seen a teepee at the end of our garden.

The Green Bean is back with another Botaniko exhibition at The Village.  This one is so beautiful with artworks inspired by flora found by Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (TMAG) Herbarium at Windsong, just up the road from us.
I had a lovely time catching up, drinking bubbly and eating cucumber sandwiches.  I only looked at a fraction of the works but knew I didn't need to hurry because the works will be on display for 2 months.
We have a Friends of Triabunna Reserves (FoTR) Meeting at The Village next week, which will offer another opportunity for viewing, and remind us of why we work to maintain endemic vegetation.  On Thursday night we had a working bee to remove Canary Broom from the banks of Maclaines Estuary, and also did a Clean Up in anticipation of Clean Up Australia. A couple of us then had dinner at The Spring Bay Hotel - the only option around here for some spicy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment