Monday 1 March 2021

The last day of summer

 Friday night was the full moon, and also Lantern Festival.  There was no lantern festival in Tribes, as far as I'm aware, but I wish there was!  I can't remember much about Saturday - I think I gardened - except that I got a latish invitation to go to the Tandara for dinner to celebrate Mel's birthday.  I have only eaten at Tandara in its dying days.  Anne of the Posh Shed and I went a cuppla times because they had a good steak cook.  We'd sit in splendid isolation before a huge fire while 2-3 chaps propped up the bar.  Not this time.  There is a cavernous dining room out the back which I didn't know existed.  There were lots of long tables with generations of Triabunnans at each.  Very noisy.  Ordinary pub food menu with huge servings.  Where Anne and I used to dine was heaving with young and youngish things having a very good time while a singer was tucked away in a corner.  I think we can say the Top Pub / The Tandy is back in business.

On Sunday I had a seat on a bus trip to the Evandale Market.  I am very snobby about bus trips and didn't really want to go with a mob of old ladies like me.  But there was one seat left and I was offered it.  I'm so glad I did.  I had a wonderful time and, once again, marvel at the power and willingness of individuals in the community to organise such events.

first stop was Campbell Town to use the amenities
Note the intriguing pumps(?) for electric cars

I haven't been to Evandale for years.  It was a perfect day and being there reminded me of Easter at Port Eliott.



In addition to The Market, there was a Makers Market.  Small but stall holders passionate about their makings.
This shop, Pretty Woman, had some lovely gear including a deep green velvet dress which I would have bought had I been a Size 8.  Little Women, perhaps.  As usual, the blokes milled around outside.  
As the banner says the Glover Prize Exhibition is on.  I, possibly wickedly, ignored the exhibition.  In fact I more or less ignored the market, apart from the opportunity to eat exotic, spicy foods,
and only thought to take a photo as the market was packing up.  It is a very large and good market but there is nothing really that I want to buy.  Above is a statue of John Glover with market being packed up behind him.

1 comment:

  1. Moon over Tribes photo so atmospheric. Very Ansel Adams. Encounter Bay was a lantern-free zone too. The Evandale garden was lovely - so 'me', I think. And a statue of John Glover - that's certainly new. Or new to me - it's probably been there at least 10 years! FF

    ReplyDelete