Sunday 9 May 2021

Garden magic

but not mine... 

I was doing a casual look-see around Georgia's garden during the week, when I came across these.
Of course, I was beside myself.  And Georgia is pretty excited too.

Today was the Mothers Day Pumpkin Festival at Spring Bay Mill.  Though not technically qualified to attend, I bought a ticket and then worked in my own garden until it was totally in shade.  Quick drive to the Mill where things were coming to a close but with a good atmosphere - lots of groovy young families.  As one of my wax-wrap-making friends said, 'not many locals'.
I went to peruse some of the many pumpkins and was called over by Janice, our gym operator, who I had not seen for some time.  We studied each other carefully because we each have let our very short hair grow and are waiting for the next style idea.  While bemoaning our lack of coiffure inspiration (I blame the demise of InStyle magazine), the Face Painting Lady was packing up for the day but came over to de-drab us.  I expressed a wish for gold eyebrows.
Granted.
Feeling enchanted, and looking like a cross between Gandalf and John Howard, I made my way to Georgia's pine tree cathedral
to live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment