Sunday 16 May 2021

Merry month of maybe not

So many glitches, mistakes, things not going to plan, this month.  Makes me realise what a dream run I have ordinarily.

A big mistake, though  not mine, happened last Wednesday.  Jen of the New White Weatherboard over the Bridge and I caught the bus into town for one of  the Ladies' Lunches to which I'm privileged to be invited by Fran Fashion.  We got into Hobart at 11.45am and proceeded to the restaurant to be unfashionably early.  To our astonishment, Fran leapt out at us as we entered and virtually fell to her knees with apology.  She had booked the restaurant for 8 people and 15 of us were expected.  The restaurant was fully booked but was trying to find a solution.  I nobly volunteered to opt out.  There's a zillion things I can entertain myself with in Hobart, but Fran wouldn't have a bar of it.  All for one and one for all, etc.  Gradually the numbers arrived and, magically, the restaurant converted their meeting room into a dining room for us all.  It worked out rather splendidly.  We had a space to ourselves, far from the madding crowd and attentive, but fun, waiting staff.  An excellent meal:  $35 for 3 courses.  The rub was in the wine prices: $17 per glass.  But the wines were mostly from Tasmanian vineyards that I had never heard of, and my cab sauv was excellent.  The restaurant is https://tesorohobart.com.au/menu at the Mövenpick Hotel.  A treasure indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment