Wednesday 17 January 2018

Lazy Thursday

I promised myself a lazy day today and I'm fulfilling it.  I'm also doing quite well with my New Year resolutions.  And it is one of my wedding anniversaries today - those promises didn't go so well...  If you are an Easterer check out the Floosie's Port Eliot blog post.  It's like being there.
I've been doing good works and reading so don't have anything riveting to report.

A cuppla days at the PUBS - pop up book stall.  The hardware store has closed and the new owner of the building offered it to PUBS for January.  A good idea because it lets potential tenants have a look through and allows us to raise money for local groups.  So far it's been very successful.  I've only bought six books and will be able to return some tomorrow for re-sale.
I've also spent time at the Gatehouse.
Not a great photo but I love the Triabunna shadow.  We had a working bee to check on the plants and sort them out a bit.  Some of them have grown crazily lately.  We still haven't had much rain but some of the plants seem to leap out of the ground when we do.
Another not so great photo but you can see how close it is to the school oval.  Which is handy when you have a lot of school garden produce to put on the stall.  Nicki from school and I did a bit of harvesting one day and she posted to the school's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TriabunnaDistrictSchool/  - you'll have to scroll down a bit to see the stall photos but on the way you'll see why I think this school could be one of the best in the world. There was an influx of tourists as we stocked the shelf and they bought up just about everything, being very impressed with the quality of the produce and the Gatehouse / school partnership.
I took some of our trimmings from the working bee and am having a go at propagating them.  Locals are showing an interest in the garden and it would be great to have the plants for sale.
In other news:
  • Jill has had her final Dog School class
  • our hot water cylinder packed it in - well, actually, it didn't but it looked like it was going to explode - on Saturday.  Fortunately fixed now.  You never crave a bath as badly as when you can't have one.  And we had a hailstorm as Kyrle, electrician, checked out the electrics.  Puck, his dog, confined the thunder and lightning to our western boundary while Jill Pharaoh Dog looked on in astonishment.
  • I've finally managed to eat at our new Seafood and Wine Bar which is open between the curious hours of 8am to 7pm.  Great setting but I won't return until they do seafood platters or some tapas style fish dishes.
  • I'm eating like a fruit bat.  People are giving me the most delicious plums, peaches and cherries.  Steve buys apricots cos he likes them best.
  • There was a concert at the Community Hall last night.  I didn't go because I'd heard that tickets were selling well and didn't need my support.  Lovely to see the streets and car parks filled.  I watched Maigret on telly.  Took a while to get used to Rowan Atkinson as Maigret.  But lovely to see Paris.
I think that's all for now.  Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment