Tuesday 5 May 2020

Quarantine Week 1

Day 2:
I always thought double basins were a bit wanky - totes get it now

French dressing for lunch - quiche lorraine and salad.
The pastry is particularly good. I left a note of appreciation on my door but staff said they couldn't take it - they didn't have gloves on.
Realised I could use timer on camera to photo myself
a skill developed one Easter at Redruth, Port Eliott

Day 3:
Fortunately I had my multiskilled maidservant, Flowers, with me.  She cunningly improvised this tea cosy.

the garden
Bit of a flurry on Day 3 when Steve rang to say he had checked with the hotel and would visit.  Then I got a call from a woman who told me the rules for visits.  Then Steve rang to say he'd consulted our doctor who had advised against going.  So he didn't.  I re-arranged the room to create a window seat for reading and an area for exercising.  I finished 'Truffles' and resumed 'Signals' most of which I'd forgotten.

Day 4:
Exercise
then a spa.
 When I plunged my hand into the pocket of my plush dressing gown, I was reminded of the time at a market in The Philippines, when Steve felt inside a jacket pocket and a rat jumped out.  Steve's yell stopped the market.

Flowers takes a spa
This was the day I realised celebrities must feel like this - well fed and looked after but unable to leave their rooms.

Day 5:  no photos but notes:
Listened to the street sweeper in bed this morning - remembered doing this in Bellerive.
My solace in times of deep and ongoing distress has been to promise myself a retreat at St Non's on the cliffs near St Davids.  The first time I became severely depressed, I wanted to be cossetted as I believed Steve had been looked after in Room 10 in hospital.  I got myself admitted to Wentworth Hospital - big mistake - made me worse.  Now I know the answer:  take a nice hotel room for 2 weeks and have meals delivered.  It is totally selfish but wonderfully restorative.  Days of good food, tai chi, yoga - and the Wu Tao dances are returning to me.
Today's plan is a bit of room refashioning and some gardening.  [Does resilience come from self knowledge?]  Toe ring tattoo idea - Celtic ring, silver moon - plus toe straightening project commenced...  My balcony friend went off in an ambulance - the ambulance returned, not sure about my friend.  Steve phone to read me Georgia's email.  My friend is back.

Day 6:
washing day

Day 7: no photos but notes:
671/12.  Had my Saturday spa.  Steve said my lavender and tetragonia cuttings blew over in the wind.  I thought how nice some Chanel 5 talc would be, then realised I have so many bottles, I could have a go at making some.  Very popular:  Ian, Jake, Judy M phoned.  Did I blog Easter 2010?  Watched Van Der Valk final.
only 1 week to go

No comments:

Post a Comment