Wednesday 6 May 2020

Quarantine Week 2

Day 8: no photos but notes:
Spoke with Therese, Tasmanian Government Liaison Officer - she tried to phone everyone yesterday.  Had got up at 5am to make coffee and sit in the window seat - crescent moon - also wanted to hear Ed Ayres at 6am - possibly only chance!  I get out on 15th day, ie 1 week from today.  Realised I can celebrate Easter with chocolates next Sunday.  Therese delivered the cotton buds I asked for.  Signals pp 267-8 - Ralph and Russo - Tamasin.  Hotdog for lunch!  Finished 'Signals'. Watched Spicks and Specks Special, Mystery Road and Killing Eve - full on!
Things I miss:  hairbrush, cheese, loofah in bath.

Day 9:
view from my window looking south
I like the care that has been put into the deck and door design, and I'm intrigued by the brickwork in the wall.  Lucky that I'm interested in such things!

Wu Tao Air Dance moves

Notes:  Raining.  Rediscovered weetbix and butter a la backpacking around New Zealand.  Finished 'Signals' yesterday.  Start 'Daughter of Fortune' today.  Did no exercise yesterday - Mum and Sandra phone calls. Plan today is read a chapter, do an exercise.  Sue and Judy are meeting today for Tai Chi -  joined them.  [p 25 mint and rosemary in bath - Chile].  Man next door has coffee delivered.  Bec brought fresh linen while I was exercising - tai chi, makaho, Air Dance - feel amazing.  [p 32 burning eucalyptus to clear epidemic].  Lunch was late and dinner early - alledgedly satay chicken with hokkien noodles - tasted more like hot, spicy mayonnaise to me - but very welcome after recent dinners.  The lunch - pumpkin, spinach and ricotta tart - was very good, delicious pastry again.  The satay smell made me think of  Risa Riso - hadn't thought of that since leaving Mum and Dad's in 1974.  Watched Malcolm Turnbull interview on 7.30 Report, then Inspector Linley on Channel 62.

Day 10:
Tuesday morning
the living is easy - pear ripening factory - top shelf
didn't wear shoes for 2 weeks
reading on a Tuesday

Day 11:
Notes:  First night that I felt closed in and suffocating.  More and more plans for outdoor activities.  Martin / Russell discussion of  Welsh Male Voice choirs - rugby.  The man next door seems to spend a lot of time on his phone.  Hotel has not provided a menu for the next 7 days so lunch is a mystery.  My friend seems to have moved his desk to his window - appears to be writing.  Recurring thoughts of being in the garden.  Lunch was late but worth waiting for:  a jacket potato with bacon and corn plus red cabbage coleslaw - could have done with a touch of wasabi / horseradish.  Still no menu.  Have requested an InStyle magazine from Clara at Reception.  Clara brought me the magazine and we talked - she is employed in Youth Justice - suggested I write about it.  She will look at my blog and come to see me tomorrow.

Day 12:
5.30am cup of tea - well stocked cupboard - food surplus to my requirement
more morning
yoga space

courtyard excitement
dance of the trolleys

a light lunch

Day 13:
Flowers has been an indispensible help
with her well-stocked quarters.
When this is over, she will retire to her thatched cottage in a flowery mead.

a good lunch
After I had stirred the cream through the pumpkin soup, I discovered the second warm roll was in fact a scone with strawberry jam.  But now, sadly, no cream.

Flowers and I start to think about leaving

top tea
Notes:  Ian phoned offering brassica seedlings and invited Steve and me to look at his garden when such mingling is again allowed.  He also spoke about reports of cleaner air and water.  The most wonderful thing for me about this quarantine has been that there is no pressure - I can do everything 'in my own time'.  Read in the sun with no guilt or thoughts as to 'what I should be doing'.  The sole demand on me so far has been to complete the Departure Form.  I do require myself to wash my dishes and make my bed but I enjoy these as opportunities to move, and I do them when it suits me.  Admittedly it gives me pleasure to have things put away, neat and tidy - an uncluttered environment.  These are things I'll miss.  Tina from Red Cross phoned: volunteer from Burnie - lives in Ulverstone - Grand Chancellor people can walk around ballroom for exercise!  She also commented on the environmental effects.  Mathew, Government Liaison Officer phoned.  It's ridiculous how easily the days slip by.  Got the little radio going, so no flashing 'Life's Good / LG' on the telly.  Heard Trump's suggestion of injecting disinfectant on 5pm news.

Day 14:
a pensive Flowers on Anzac morning

Notes:  Made coffee and observed 6am with ABC Classic - perfect - minute silence but could hear birdsong.  Approx 7am a blackbird on the chimney opposite.  Odile from Red Cross phoned - wished me well.

There ends the journal!  Had to finish Cold Comfort Farm (such a great read) and reconfigure my clothes to make a stylish return to society.
And then pack everything up for an 8.30am
DEPARTURE TOMORROW.

No comments:

Post a Comment