Friday 3 February 2017

As planned

We had our birthday picnic at The Saltworks as planned.  This time on the headland where the windmill which pumped the seawater used to be.
looking straight ahead, ie East
looking South
looking North
Steve with the essential
a blissed out Pharaoh Dog
a difficult to see square-rigged boat,
possibly on its way to the Wooden Boat Festival
Today is Sarah's birthday.  We had a luncheon celebration of bubbly, triple cream brie, chicken and cherry tomatoes at The Village where Steve was on duty.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever been to the Saltworks. In fact, I don't think I even knew about them. It looks isolated but peaceful. I liked the deserted buildings in the previous blog. The picnic looked rather 'Famous Five' I don't suppose there were lashings of ginger beer. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only discovered them by turning off the highway on to Saltworks Road. It really is a little gem and only 20 minutes up the road so you may get to see it.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete