Thursday 9 February 2017

back to normal

I didn't tell you that I hurt my back last week lifting a bucket of water out of the bath to go on the garden.  I have been doing gentle stretches and using my yoga knowledge, and I'm glad to say that I can walk and lift and stand as normal now.  The other good news is that yoga resumes twice a week from next Monday.  We've just had Friday classes over the holiday season.
As with everything, some take it more seriously than others.  We were all glad to have Dwayne in class today
when a tiger unexpectedly wandered in.  Thank goodness for Dwayne's cross-training with wrestling - though the encounter was still exhausting.  He soon came to
and was back on his feet in no time.
Mindful Dymphna just kept doing the class
though she did try to choke herself later.  Dwayne reckons we should keep a gun in the hall.  It could be a grizzley next time.


ps really these photos came from A Beginners Guide to Yoga by Nancy Phelan, Sphere Books, 1976.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the yoga. I suspect that I would not be able to keep the back seams of my stockings straight in taking the choking pose. Others might find it hard to keep a straight face observing the attempt.

    ReplyDelete