Wednesday 15 February 2017

Sweet FA

It is a lovely day here.  Sunny with an occasional breeze.  About 23 degrees.  I put the parasol over the garden table more for ambience than anything.  I sipped my coffee and idly watched the bees checking out the flowers.  I realised I had nothing to do.  No appointments, commitments, meetings.  Nothing.   And the phrase 'sweet FA' came to mind.  Which took me back to my days in Foreign Affairs so long ago where we, then young things, used to refer to ourselves as Sweet FA.  That's where I met Jean Green Bean.  They were days of great fun.  We endeavoured to celebrate National Days and Jean particularly remembers tins of sardines for Sardinia's national day.


So a propos absolutely nothing, let me share more double hollyhocks with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment