Saturday 18 February 2017

Plankie's in the slam


When I was a little chap I had a teddybear called Frankie.  I was so young that not only can't I remember Frankie but I couldn't say his name properly, hence Plankie.  I also had a pram, which I pronounced slam.  So I used to say 'Plankie's in the slam'.  This bit of cutesy has stayed with my Mum and often gets an airing.  The other story about Plankie is that I played with him so much that he became very tatty and my parents hid him in the garage with other things that were to be thrown out.  Needless to say, one day when the garage door was left open, I went exploring and found Plankie and triumphantly announced this miracle to Mum and Dad who then had to accept him back into the household.
The Pharaoh Dog has Fred Risby who is her go-to despite having a lovely new intact red frisbee.
And so there's no confusion, this is not Plankie.  This is Thumper, given to me by Rosa Norte when she was Momery and my next door neighbour.  Thumper waits for me in my room at Mum's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment