Sunday 26 February 2017

Grand Opening

Finally the big day arrived:  Eileen Brooker's retrospective at The Village, Triabunna.  Eileen and I used to teach together in the 1970s.  Steve's sister, Elizabeth, had also taught with Eileen and they were great friends.  So you can understand that this was quite a big deal for us.
Over a hundred guests turned up.  I was relieved from fly swishing duty
for a while so I could hover just outside the building to catch some of the action.

Eileen is in her 90s now and was in fine form.  I caught up with teaching mates and arty mates I hadn't seen for years.  All in all it was a fabulous party.  It was impossible to really see the art work so I went back today to take some photos.




Back home we have our own small exhibition of Eileen's work.


I forgot to tell you that I saw my first Easter Lilies of the season at Eileen's house a couple of weeks ago.  Eileen drew my attention to them because she loves them.

2 comments:

  1. You appear to live in a very intimate community. I enjoyed the posting. LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I think only 11 of us were locals - Eileen definitely draws a crowd.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete