Wednesday 5 December 2018

butt

life continues in Tribes.  On Saturday we had the Suicide Prevention Network Memorial Day at Spring Beach.  It is always a beautiful event.
Some sounds more welcome than others...  I, being the treasurer, paid the piper and I must admit he did an excellent job (if you like that sort of thing - which most people do, finding it both stirring and soothing - like a martini).


lovely to see a man emptying the rose petal basket
not clearly evident here, but optimistic seagulls on the Lions sausage sizzle van

Saturday arvo there was Christmas Carol culture at the Triabunna Community Hall.  Her Majesty the Sun God is up front on your left hand side.
I actually took the photo because the conductor had on leather trousers, though not shown to best advantage here.  When we dissected the event at Zumba on Tuesday, Her Majesty had to remind us that there also was some singing.
We all stood up for the final number and I took a shot down our row because we were all Tai Chi-ers.  The whole gang was there except for our inspiration and fearless leader Jackie.
When the crowds had dispersed and we were helping with the packing up, I took a quick photo of my toenails and those of Her Majesty and Mrs O Henry.  I'd noticed on the beach while we were tai chi-ing the day before how stunning our toenails looked glinting on the sand.  Somewhat gloomier in the Hall with the suggestion of the morgue...  Just need a tag on the big toe.

In other news, a big pear has landed at our local coffee house.

In old news,
some of the Zumbettes worked on the Great Eastcoast Clean Up in the week before I left for Adelaide.
Not a bunch you'd want to meet on a dark night.  Talking of which, on Tuesday Jill PD and I walked to the supermarket to get some cream for the broadbean extravanza I was cooking that night.  Jill insisted on returning the long way around via the back of the pub.  We weaved our way through the monstrous SUVs and caravans taking advantage of the free camping, and there was the town goat once more blocking the right of way.  Fortunately Steve had asked me to buy some apples so I seduced the goat with an apple while Jill and I leapt over its tether and continued home.

No comments:

Post a Comment