Friday 7 December 2018

November 2018 (3)

I went into Adelaide a cuppla times just to absorb the Christmas spirit.  I think the mall decorations are outstanding, presumably a Council effort because the tableau were free standing and not in store windows.  There are also forests of good fake Christmas trees.  It made me proud to have an Adelaide connection.  I should have gone in to see them at night.

There are also some quirky permanent pieces.

Mum, Pat and I went to Marino Rocks fish and chippery and ate in this time.  It was a lot more expensive but well cooked, and the staff really looked after us.

Mum and I had our own Christmas lunch on my last full day.  Salads from Captain Hook (including seafood salad), everything else from Mercato.  All our favourite things.
I could eat like this forever,
especially with tartufo for dessert.
Outside, one branch of golden apricot globes was protected from the parrots
and I festooned a branch of the plum tree with these inflatable Christmas baubles.
Some people went to much greater lengths, and heights.
The next day Gertrude was very excited to go to her new island home


and was quite surprised at the warmth of her reception.  A little Calvin and Hobbes.
And here's my garden on that first day back.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment