Thursday 6 December 2018

November 2018 (2)

In addition to Erik the Lizard at the front, Eddie Lizard out the back (who may in fact be one and the same) and Max the Cat, we had a family of magpies visit on a regular basis.  They became quite tame which is endearing but alarming given Max's visits too.  You may be pleased to know that those Watsonias at the top of the picture have been cut down and used as mulch around the garden edge.  I spent quite a lot of time in the garden and the magpies often accompanied me.

I met H Bells and Willowa for lunch at the market.  That's when I had the not so good takeaway coconut salad.  Helly has to bring her own food because of her allergies.  Willowa is vegetarian verging on vegan.  So we eat in the food court area.  However we then visited their favourite icecream parlour and I had an amazingly delicious gorgonzola, pear, fig and walnut icecream.  Who knew!

I have mentioned previously the fast disappearing unassuming but dignified houses and gardens.  This one is on Second Avenue.
This one is on the corner of Second Avenue and OG Road.  It holds a special place in my heart because it's where I first became aware of Italian productive gardens.  It's hard to believe that the owners are still those from the 1960s
but maybe.


Regardless, they continue to garden in the same style.

One Saturday H Bells and I rendezvoused at the Payneham Library to experience the annual Cactus and Succulent Show.  They have got it down to a fine art - give you a box when you enter for any goodies you may wish to buy, snake around the tables and pay cash or card at the checkouts at the end.  Most impressive.
As were the plants and displays themselves.  Below is my favourite.
It was all a bit overwhelming.  Not so much for me because I couldn't buy anything to take back to Tassie.  There was a lot of pondering for some.

This was an intriguing idea, used to decorate the morning / afternoon tea tables.  And mostly I shop for ideas.

Still reeling from the Succulent extravaganza, Willowa took me to the St Paul's College fete where she was doing a Tae Kwon Do demonstration.  A private wildlife centre was displaying some of its wares.
Watching the warm up was like old times at Viet Vo Dao.
Willowa was the star of the show to this unbiased observer aunty, breaking tiles with kicks to both sides.
Then she had a spar with a chap who looked quite benign in comparison.
And then, of course, it's time for a nice cool down.

I went to yoga at Encounter Bay on three Tuesdays.  The second time the Floosie excelled herself with these - eccles!!  And so prettily served.

And one day I did one of my rainy day visits to the Botanical Gardens with the channel spated.  Many years ago I danced Wu Tao on the right bank.

Still more adventures to come.

2 comments:

  1. I love those old solid houses too with their neat gardens.
    Willowa looks fabulous (and a little scary) but what great skills to have.
    Oh those eccles do look delicious!!! Next time it will be Baby's First Birthday cake. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that's a promise.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete