Wednesday 5 December 2018

November 2018 (1)

The drive from Melbourne to Adelaide is developing a pattern.  Drive, drive, drive to prove I can make it to the Westgate Bridge and the road to Ballarat.  Keep driving to Dimboola to buy a coffee then breakfast at Pink Lake.  Yoghurt and Tribes honey and walnuts in the jar.  Aeroguard very necessary, despite constant wind blasts.
(mysterious markings in the sky again)
Ramsey Avenue was looking splendiferous on my arrival.  The jacarandas looked a little straggly but by the end of November they were magnificent.

Our first jaunt was to Marino Rocks cafe where we were very pleased with the quality of fish and chips wrapped in paper.
Here's the view from the carpark.  It was quite a moody day and we enjoyed a hailstorm while we munched.

I meanly took this photo for Fleurieu Floosie to show her what a passionfruit vine should look like...  (She has since reported that her plant has lifted its game).  Klemzig is changing so quickly but I'm pleased to say there are still some classic and dignified homes.

And here's the classic and dignified River Rat alongside The Oyster, Pearl's new car.  The venue shall remain anonymous so as not to outrage Lady J but I shall report that, surprisingly, I had a very nice curried chicken - a Diwali special apparently.  We also looked as some furnitury type stuff.

I was delighted to find this new foody place at the Central Market.  I perched on a stool and ate the most delicious fresh and tangy coconut salad.  (On a subsequent trip I had it takeaway but this was not so good).  Eat in!

I also discovered this, to me, new aspect of the Adelaide Arcade - a glass floor to show the rather flash staircase to former Tea Rooms.  These are the surprises that make me love cities.

Lunch on the verandah with the much loved but not invited Max who lives nextdoor.  He met his match.
Erik the Lizard also became part of the scenery for a while having taken up residence under the beautiful ramp that David built.  Disappointingly he disappeared a few days before I left (ie Erik).


Finally I remembered to photo the yoga place to which FF and I repair on Tuesdays for respite from domestic duties.  It is the instructor's house with the dedicated yoga space seen here to the left of the front door.  I love the look of the house and garden.
We took to driving to Port Eliot after yoga for more spiritual sustenance.  Here's the Post Office from which I posted Steve's large and bulky card for his 70th!!!!! birthday.  I whacked on $2.50 postage on Tuesday and he received it on Thursday.  That new CEO Postage deserves every cent of her $3m.
 
And this wasn't just any Tuesday but Melbourne Cup Day.  It certainly stopped Port Eliot.  Only 2 shops open, fortunately including the PO nestled in a cafe.
The Floosie loaned me this book, an early Upfield and not a Napoleon Bonaparte mystery.  Not my favourite Upfield but exciting to read it on The Day.

More adventures to come.

2 comments:

  1. I'd better give my passion vine a talking to and show it how it should be done. I have 7 at the last count, but still tantalisingly green. Glad you took the yoga place photo - it does look nice. I must look for the tearoom staircase next time I'm in Adelaide - what a great idea to showcase it. I didn't know it was there. Does that arcade go off the mall? Looking forward to more adventures. FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Adelaide Arcade is off the mall. It is the original arcade, and you will love it.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete